Self-esteem is something that functions like fuel to the body. If we have high self-esteem, the ride is better in many ways. We move forward more smoothly, we have fewer problems and we get to our destination faster.
Everyone has some level of confidence in life. It is just that some people have more than others and they seem to go through life with much more success and happiness. People with high self-esteem have fewer doubts and they don’t blame their “ride” every time things don’t happen the way they want them to be.
Let’s face it, we can’t always get what we expect 100% of the time. If we could, we would be able to predict what will happen in the future (I don’t know if this is a better way to experience life but let’s leave this dilemma for another post). What we can do is make sure our beliefs set us on a very easy, smooth (as much as possible), happy and successful ride. If it can get us forward faster, all the better.
This blog is full of many beliefs about living life with confidence and high self-esteem. I have written about ways to instill confidence in our children as parents or teachers. The list of affirmations that promote high self-esteem is endless. If I tried to write a list of them all, I would find myself spending years and never reaching the end of the list. There are millions of thoughts or combinations of thoughts that support high self-esteem and boost confidence. Notice these in yourself and in the world around you. Start collecting them and learning how to adopt them.
Beliefs that supports beliefs that supports beliefs…
Affirmations are statements that we can repeat over and over again until our mind learns to adopt them as beliefs. When an affirmation becomes a belief, it sits in our brains, oblivious to any doubts. Every time we use this belief, it makes the belief stronger and more connected to other beliefs. The power of this belief is exponential. Every good belief you have that supports your high self-esteem and confidence will grow stronger and bigger and influence other related beliefs. It is a never-ending cycle so you just have to make sure to be on the good side of the cycle.
Affirmations to support high self-esteem to get you started
- I can do anything I want.
- I don’t need to earn success and it is not a prize given to me by others. Success is my right and I practice this right every day.
- I am strong and able and every set back only makes me stronger and helps me go towards my goals and dreams even faster and with more conviction.
- I am proud, happy, talented and free and I appreciate myself every day.
- I learn to trust myself and my gut instincts to help me make the right decisions and good choices.
- Failure is an opportunity in disguise. When I fail, I see it as a learning opportunity. Now, I know something I didn’t know before.
- Trying is a sign of strength and I reward myself and appreciate my attempts, not only my successes.
- Fear is only a feeling and a perception. It is not real. I do not fight fear. I feel the fear and do it anyway. I use it as a warning sign from my body to help me make the right decision.
- Every time I do something that is a bit hard for me, I stretch myself and become stronger and more confident.
- I believe in myself.
- Every day is the first day of the rest of my life. I am optimistic and future oriented. I cherish every day of my life and look forward to a better, brighter future.
- I am improving myself every day. Life is a learning journey and I learn something every day.
- Life is a game of give and take. Whatever I want from others, I give them first. If I want support, I give support. If I want respect, I give respect.
- I treat myself and others with respect. I accept myself and others. We don’t have to think the same, believe in the same thing and follow the same rules to be respectful towards each others.
- I never, never, never give up. I keep trying until I achieve what I want. Determination is the highest quality of successful people. I am successful.
- Change is good for me. I change every day with every new experience and every new learning. I can change if I want to. Change is easy. I only need to choose.
- I am the only person responsible for my own life. I am the ruler of my mind. I make the choice of what to accept or not accept into my mind, even if the person offering me a new belief and thought is close to me. I trust my own judgment and make sure to have the final say about what I allow to enter my life and what to leave outside.
- Every time I look in the mirror, I say something good to the person I see.
- When I am in trouble, I can ask for help. Asking for help is a sign of confidence and there are many people around me willing and able to help me.
- It is normal to have good and bad feelings. We need both the sun and the rain to see the rainbow. Bad feelings will go away eventually.
- I know there are many ways to do one thing. I accept that not all people think the same and that not everyone thinks my way is best. It is OK for people to think differently.
- My relationships with others are important to me. I think before I act and consider the effect of my actions on others.
- I know that I have the power to create my day. Every day, I ask myself, “What can I do today to make this day a wonderful day?” and I try to achieve it. With small steps, I can make all my days happy, successful and fantastic.
- I am not afraid of hard things. They make me stronger. Every time I conquer a challenge, I prove to myself that I’m able.
- I congratulate myself for every small achievement.
- I am unique and special in the world. There is no one else like me in the entire world. I do not have to wear certain things, dress a certain way or do anything in particular to look unique. If I am myself, that is my uniqueness.
- I cannot predict the future but I can choose any future I want and go towards it.
- I am grateful for what I have and every night before bed time I say words of thanks for something I have.
High self-esteem and happiness!
This post is part of the series Affirmations: