You are here today for the third part of the series, “Mom, I’m Bored!” with 100 fun things you can do with your kids to keep them busy, happy and having fun and even bonding with them as a family.
Today, I am adding 20 more ideas. I hope you collect them all and keep them as a reminder list on your refrigerator.
Another 20 fun things you can do with your kids (41-60)
- Collect seashells on the beach.
- Write messages for one another on the beach and let the waves to wash them away.
- Go to the local flea market. If you do not want to spend too much money there, give your kids a budget and allow them to buy whatever they want. It is funny but cheap as flea markets are, it always seems that people do not buy very much there.
- Take the kids to the local fruit and vegetable market. We take the kids every weekend and they love the smells, the shouts, the occasional performance and the tasting of the fruits. We say to them, “If you come, you can influence what we buy” and they all want to come!
- Buy a box of lemons and make lemonade with plenty of (brown) sugar. Add mint if you like. It beats any commercial cordial.
- Go for a tour in a vineyard. It is wonderful for kids to see the process of making wine. Many of the tours are free or very cheap and include wine tasting (but make sure your kids do not operate heavy machinery afterwards…).
- Do some gardening with your kids. Plant a herb garden with them and take care of your plants together. A vegetable patch is especially fun. When kids pick the vegetables and cook them, they are most excited.
- Clean the house together. Cleaning is something most families hate. If you do it together, it can be great fun. Telling the kids to clean their room is also a great way to get them to find hidden toys and books and play with them, as they keep claiming to be “Not done with the cleaning, Mom”.
- Go for a walk at the local botanical gardens.
- One of the most exciting experiences for kids is to see how to make things. Taking them for tours of a dairy or a brewery can be very exciting.
- Take your kids to an ice cream factory.
- Take your kids to a packaging factory.
- Take your kids to see a bakery. Go inside and help them see how they make the breads and cakes.
- Take your kids to the post office.
- Take your kids on a tour of a fire station.
- Take your kids on a tour of a police station.
- Take your kids to see a can factory.
- Take your kids to see a chocolate factory (I want to go too).
- Take the kids to see a honey-making factory.
- Take your kids on a tour of a television station.
Join me tomorrow for 20 more new and exciting, cheap or free ideas.
Happy and joyous time with your kids,
If you have more ideas of what to do with kids, please share them in the comment box below.