10 mothers sat in a coffee shop and talked about all the things they wanted for their kids.
The first mother said, "I wish I could give my kids lots of money so they could have everything they want and be financially free".
The second mother said, "I wish I could give my kids knowledge to help them succeed in life. Learning is the way to growth and knowledge is the key to success."
The third mother said, "I wish I could give my kids wonderful friends to keep them company for the rest of their lives".
The fourth mother said, "I wish I could give my kids strength to overcome all the difficulties in life".
The fifth mother said, "I wish I could give my kids compassion and kindness towards themselves and towards others, for compassion and kindness bring all people together and make us one".
The sixth mother said, "I wish I could give my kids acceptance to help them flow with the stream of life and lead them to spirituality".
The seventh mother said, "I wish that I could give my kids gratitude for all that the universe has to offer them, for gratitude is the vibration of all good things in life".
The eighth mother said, "I wish I could give my kids perfect health so they can experience the world with all their senses".
The ninth mother said, "I wish I could give my kids love. Love is everything and love is the answer to all".
The tenth mother said, "I want to give my kids happy thoughts that can lead them to financial freedom, knowledge, friendship, strength, compassion and kindness. A happy, positive mindset will lead them to acceptance, gratitude, health and love, for happiness is the ultimate state of bliss and happy thoughts are the way to get there".
Happy thoughts you want your kids to have
All parents want to give their kids all that they wish. Happy thoughts and a positive mindset are the tools to get them everything they want in life. Here is a list of thoughts you want your kids to have. Try, before introducing them to your kids, to find out what they think now, and slowly shift their thoughts towards better ones. Remember, what they think will determine how successful they will be financially, academically and socially. It will determine their appreciation and wellbeing.
- I treat others the way I want them to treat me. If I want people to help me, I help others. If I want them to encourage me, I encourage others. If I want them to love me, I love others.
- It is okay to laugh at funny things, but not to laugh at others. If I laugh and someone else is not happy, this is not funny at all.
- When I am sad, I can do something that makes me happy. I have hundreds of things that can make me happy and I do not need others to give them to me. I can give them to myself.
- When I play, I follow the rules and play fair. I take turns and I understand that winning means nothing if it means losing a friend.
- Gossip is not productive. I avoid gossiping. If I talk about someone behind his or her back, I always say something good.
- I treat everyone with respect. I respect other people's opinion even if they do not think like me.
- When I am not happy, I can always think of the good things I have in life and it makes me feel better.
- I hang around successful kids and learn a lot from them.
- I am not the way I look. My look is just external. If I feel good, I look good. I dedicate my time to feeling good.
- I appreciate my family for all that they have done and still do for me.
- I believe that I can do anything I put my mind to. I can make a difference in this world.
- I do my best to understand what my friends are feeling.
- I appreciate my teachers for teaching me what they know and for doing the best they can to help me grow.
- I take care of my health and when I diet, I make sure I am careful and responsible and I never hurt myself to look good or get attention.
- If I do not have anything good to say, I say nothing.
- I know how to listen. When I listen, I show others that I care.
- Friends are attracted to kindness. If I am kind, I have kind friends.
- Every day is the first day of the rest of my life. I cherish every day of my life and look forward to a better, brighter future.
- I think for myself. I know that in every situation, I have a choice. I know that smart choices are choices that are good for me, that do not hurt anyone including myself.
- Sharing with others makes me feel good and makes them feel good too.
- Others look at what I say and the way I say it to decide what they think about me. I am mindful of what I say and how I say it.
- Actions speak louder than words. I do not wait for things to happen to me. I do all that I can to make them happen the way I want them to be. I am a person of action. I move forward with my actions.
- Life is a learning journey. I learn something every day.
- When I help others, I feel good.
- If I do not know something, I can always learn.
- I am a supportive friend. I encourage my friends to do their best.
- I am being polite when I wait for my turn and say please and thank you.
- I always care for my body. I feel confident to say "No!" to things that could hurt my body like alcohol or drugs.
- Everyone makes mistakes, so instead of getting angry with myself, I try to do better.
- Smiling is contagious. I smile at everyone. I smile at the bus driver, at my teachers and at people on the street. When I smile, others usually smile back.
- I never ever hurt myself.
- I have things that are important to me and I do not compromise on them to gain others' love and attention.
- When I start something, I finish it.
- When I am not happy, I can always choose to think of the good things that have happened to me and change my mood.
- When I am angry, I control myself and never hurt myself or others.
- I am honest and say what is on my mind in a nice way without hurting others.
- I am a person of integrity. When I promise to do something, I do it (as long as I do not hurt myself or others).
- When I share what I have with others, I have more of it.
- I always take care of myself and when offered to take part in illegal things, I am confident enough to say "No".
- I do not take what is not mine.
- I do not make fun of other people because that is not the kind of thing to do. Their life could be unpleasant and I do not need to make it worse.
- I never, never, never give up. I keep trying until I achieve what I want. Determination is the highest quality of successful people. I am successful. I follow the rules and try to make my school a better place.
- If I stop and think before I do things. I know I will do the right thing. I know what the right thing is. I only need to follow my heart.
- When I have a problem, I strive for a solution. I try not to hurt others on my way to the solution.
- Creativity is a peak state. I am creative when I paint, write, dance, play music, draw or do any form of art.
- I am responsible and my parents can trust me to do the right thing.
- I can change if I want to. Change is easy. I only need to choose.
- I can always say "No" when asked to do something that I am not completely sure I want to do.
- When I am in trouble, I can ask for help. Many people around me can help me.
- It is normal to have good and bad feelings. Bad feelings will go away eventually.
- I tell the truth. Liars are people who are afraid of telling the truth. Lying is complicated. I'd rather stick to the truth, even when it's hard.
- I know there are many ways to do one thing. I accept that not all people think the same and that not everyone thinks my way is best. It is OK for people to think differently.
- "Many hands make light work". When I share, help or cooperate with others, I can achieve more.
- Everyone has the same 24 hours a day. Some people use them wisely and others waste their time. I learn to manage my time and when I manage it well, I can find the time to do everything I want to do.
- Sport is for fun. When I lose in a game, I am still happy for participating and having fun.
- I know I am going to be successful. What I believe will come true. I will keep believing it until I am successful.
- I eat healthy because my body is important to me.
- When something goes wrong, instead of feeling bad about it, I concentrate on what I can do next time to make it better.
- I like kids that are different from me. I can learn a lot from them. They can still be my friends.
- I care about the world I live in and I do not litter.
- I find good in every person.
- When I find something that is not mine, I do my best to return it to its owner. I know this is what I would like others to do, when they find the things that are important to me.
- I know what good attention is and what bad attention is. I attract good attention by being kind, successful, friendly, supportive and happy. It is the better attention to attract.
- I love learning about new cultures, festivals, religions and countries.
- I exercise regularly to keep myself fit and energetic.
- I think before I act and I consider the effect of my actions on others around me.
- My safety is important. Before I do something, I ask myself, "Is it safe?"
- Every time I look in the mirror, I say something good to that person.
- Every day I ask myself "What can I do today to make this day a wonderful day?" and try to achieve it.
- Everything I need in order to succeed is here around me: I only need to see it.
- I have the courage to stand up for my beliefs.
- I do not take risks that can be too dangerous and hurt myself or others.
- Before I buy something, I ask myself, "Do I really need it?"
- I tell others what I like about them.
- People do not have to think like me for me to feel good. I can feel good even when people think differently.
- My parents love me, always!
- I feel successful when I try.
- I believe that I am me. When I try to be like someone else, I am an imitation. I can be myself.
- I have good manners. I find that being polite and considerate is a good way to keep my relationships with my parents, my teachers and my friends.
- When I plan to meet someone, I arrive on time. I never keep others waiting because I respect their time and they respect mine.
- When I need to do something that seems hard, I break it down to small tasks to make it easier for me and I congratulate myself for every small achievement.
- Truthfulness and trust go together. Since I tell the truth, others trust me.
- I care about the earth and I recycle things.
- I always keep some of my money aside in case I need it.
- When I am sick, I make sure I drink plenty of water, eat well and sleep well and it usually disappears by the morning.
- I do not touch other people's stuff and I know that if I respect their privacy, they will respect mine.
- I tell others about what I think and feel.
- Help is everywhere. I only need to ask.
- I think about my future and I plan the wonderful things I want to do when I grow up.
- When people do bad things, I feel sorry for them.
- I am unique and special in the world. There is no one else like me in the entire world. I do not have to wear certain things, dress a certain way or do anything in particular to look unique. If I am myself, that is my uniqueness.
- I cannot predict the future but I can choose any future I want and go towards it.
- I am grateful for what I have and every night before bed time I say words of thanks for something I have.
- I have the courage to stand up for children who are bullied. I am helpful to those who do not have the courage to stand up for themselves.
- I take care of myself by resting enough. I understand that my body needs the rest to rejuvenate, to restore its energy and be in focus.
- I learn about myself every day.
- I know that practice makes perfect. If I practice enough, I can master anything I want. All successful people were not born successful, they practiced success until they mastered it.
I would probably give my kids all the things that the 10 mothers wanted for their kids, but I know that the right mindset is the real treasure.
Help your kids adopt the thoughts that will help them in life. Just repeat them enough and after a while, they will start believing in them without much effort.
Happy parenting. Remember, family matters and everyday, you make a difference in the world.